The Project; Enhancing the environmental governance at the municipal level, is funded by the EED-European Endowment for Democracy and will last for 12 months.
The Aim of the project is to strengthen the transparency between the communities and the municipalities and the decision makers. We will cooperate with EQA, MoA, MoLG and PWA and some local NGOs.
The Key Activities will be:
1) 20 round table discussions, focus groups’ meetings and advocacy sessions gathering representatives of the target groups in the different municipalities;
2) Complaint box installed in each municipality;
3) “Green line” launched to collect citizens’ and communities’ environmental complaints;
4) Training sessions (10 days in total) on environmental governance for municipalities’ representatives; 5) Two policy briefs on local authorities’ responsibility with regard to the protection of environment and environmental rights that will be discussed with decision makers;
6) A Guidebook on environmental auditing activities for municipalities.
7) One awareness raising campaign: five press articles,10 electronic banners will be produced and broadcasted by local media and on advertisement screens. Citizens’ environmental rights and duties and environmental laws will be at the core of the campaign messaging. These tools will also be used to announce the launching of a citizens’ complain system;
Soon we will announce the number for the Green Line, and also where you can find the Green Complain Boxes!
For more information about the project , vist our Facebook page and keep yourself updated with our news.